Application Fee: $199.00
Information for participating franchise systems
This award is for excellence in delivery of franchisee support.
Entry is open to any individual working in a position where their primary duty is franchise support, plus franchisee relationship and performance management. Individuals with other job titles, such as Business Development Manager, are eligible to enter so long as their primary duty is that of field manager.
Benefits of participating in this award
- Use the exercise as a professional development activity to rate yourself against the attributes of successful field managers.
- Reflect on your achievements and celebrate your success.
- Gain the recognition of peers and the franchise community.
- Increase your ability to influence and help franchisees achieve success.
- Be a key player in developing the field management discipline in Australia.
- Give your career a shot in the arm.
- Review the assessment criteria below to confirm that you are willing to respond to detailed questions in these areas. Awards submissions will be assessed against specific Awards questions that are available upon registering through the online Awards portal and paying the Awards application fee.
- In 2021, Regional Awards submissions will open Thursday 21 January. Click here to view the opening and closing dates for awards.
- Register for the online Awards portal and pay the application fee. Your application fee goes toward covering the administration, marketing and assessment costs associated with the Awards.
- You will be sent a link to complete your online submission(s) containing a number of specific questions based on the areas of assessment below. No late submissions will be accepted.
- All submissions will be assessed by judges using predefined criteria to create a short-list of finalists. You will be kept informed of the status of your submission.
- State award winners of the Field Manager of the Year for NSW/ACT, QLD/NT, VIC/TAS, WA and SA will be announced at Regional Awards Presentations. The overall National winner will be announced at the MYOB FCA National Excellence in Franchising Awards on 24 August 2021.
Areas to be assessed
|You, your role and responsibilities||The nature of your role and responsibilities. This includes the number of franchisees or units you are responsible for.|
|Business acumen||Your understanding of how to monitor and manage the drivers of profitability in the franchise system. This includes your confidence in interpreting and discussing financial reports with franchisees as well being able to help franchisees set budgets and business plans if a franchisee’s business is at risk.|
|Making a difference||This area measures your impact on, and dedication to, the success of your franchise system and franchisees.|
|Influencing and negotiation||How you influence others and negotiate difficult situations. This includes how you deal with serious compliance issues without damaging the franchise relationship as well as how you stay in touch with franchisees between visits.|
|Training coaching and facilitating||This area measures your effectiveness in running meetings, rekindling enthusiasm and enhancing franchisee knowledge and skills.|
|Business development and marketing||Your ability to help franchisees drive sales and local market share. This includes initiatives you have taken to help franchisees boost sales or local market share and how you have helped franchisees remain competitive in a tough local market.|
NOTE: These areas of assessment are provided as general information only. Specific awards questions are available on the online Awards portal.