Application Fee: $299.00
Information for participating franchise systems
This award recognises excellence in business management and franchise citizenship for franchisees with a majority shareholding in multiple franchise units.
This award is open to franchisees with a majority shareholding in more than one franchise unit within the one brand.
Entries must pertain to a single brand. Franchisees who own majority share in more than one brand are eligible to enter, but must declare which brand is being entered. All material, information and achievements must pertain solely to that brand.
Benefits of participating in this award
- Provides a checklist to help you conduct a thorough review of your business against industry best practice.
- Helps identify specific things you and your team are doing well.
- Stimulates new ideas and opportunities to improve your business.
- Merit awards will provide opportunities for recognition of your business in areas it does particularly well.
- Represents an enormous marketing opportunity for your business to promote itself in the local community.
- Builds confidence and pride in your team.
- Review the assessment criteria below to confirm that you are willing to respond to detailed questions in these areas. Awards submissions will be assessed against specific Awards questions that are available upon registering through the online Awards portal and paying the Awards application fee.
- In 2021, Regional Awards submissions will open Thursday 21 January. Click here to view the opening and closing dates for awards.
- Register for the online Awards portal and pay the application fee. Your application fee goes toward covering the administration, marketing and assessment costs associated with the Awards.
- You will be sent a link to complete your online submission(s) containing a number of specific questions based on the areas of assessment below. No late submissions will be accepted.
- All submissions will be assessed by judges using predefined criteria to create a short-list of finalists. You will be kept informed of the status of your submission.
- State award winners of the Multi-Unit Franchisee of the Year for NSW/ACT, QLD/NT, VIC/TAS, WA and SA will be announced at Regional Awards Presentations. The overall National winner will be announced at the MYOB FCA National Excellence in Franchising Awards presentations on 24 August 2021.
Areas to be assessed
|Business planning and performance||Business planning processes and performance achieved against your plans. This includes such things as your goals, profitability, growth and reinvestment in the business.|
|Business systems and human resources||Systems in place to collect and measure business information and how you use this information. This includes such things as IT systems as well as internal day-to-day systems, routines and processes used in your business.|
|Franchise citizenship||Your involvement and contribution to the franchise system and the status of your relationships with the franchisor and other franchisees. This includes such things as how you contribute to your fellow franchisees as well as how you maximise the benefits of being part of the franchise system.|
|Leadership||How you lead your team to achieve agreed goals. This includes such things as the culture you try to create in your business as well as how you instil confidence and commitment in your team.|
|Openness to learning and change||Your commitment to personal and business development. This includes such things as new franchisor initiatives you have supported as well as any training or personal development you have recently undertaken.|
|Community and environmental contribution||Your engagement in and contribution to the local community. This includes such things as community groups or local initiatives you or your business have contributed to or been involved in.|
NOTE: These areas of assessment are provided as general information only. Specific awards questions are available on the online Awards portal.